What does health cost? Better yet, what is your health worth to you? Most would say it is priceless because without your health you are not able to enjoy the things in life that are important to you. When people contact me who are interested in Shakeology but are concerned with the cost of $4 for the healthiest meal of the day, I ask them what is your health worth? If you could spend $4 on the healthiest meal that you can possibly have that day, isn’t it well worth it?
Here are a few things to consider before you decide Shakeology is too expensive for you.
Are there things that you are eating or drinking each day that are not healthy that could be removed?
- Fast food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Starbuck’s coffee
- Snacks of soda, chips, cookies, candy, etc. throughout the day
- Drinks after work
- Processed foods
Are there health related costs that you are spending today that could be avoided if you were in better health?
- Medication for high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- Doctor visits
- Hospital stays
- Lost wages for missed work
- Lower merit increase because of lower productivity
- Increased health insurance cost due to higher risk factors
What is your current health costing you in terms of your quality of life?
- Not able to participate in your child’s sporting activities
- Not able to take the walk in the park with your spouse
- Not able to perform physical activities like you once did
- Not able to … you fill in what you are missing out on
I am not trying to tell how you should spend your hard earned money. I am just merely pointing out that there are probably things that you are spending your money on now that can be reduced or avoided once you make a life change. Shakeology is not some miracle pill, powder, or potion that alone will get you to where you want to go on your fitness journey. It is; however, a powerful tool that combined with healthy eating and regular exercise will result in a much healthier and happier you.