When I started my fitness journey I utilized 5 healthy snacks that helped me from reverting back to eating something unhealthy. While I do eat lots of fruit, you need to be aware that fruit has a higher glycemic index and will not sustain you like food higher in protein. So, my go to snacks, when I’m really hungry and want to stop the cravings are as follows:
- Almonds – I like both the Archer Farms and Emerald dry roasted almonds. I usually have 1/4 cup.
- Sliced Turkey Breast – We usually pick this up at the deli of the local supermarket. I prefer about 5-6 slices.
- Chobani Greek Yogurt – I like the non-fat strawberry, blueberry, peach, and cherry. I have also had the plain with a little honey and Grape Nuts added.
- Boiled Eggs – A couple of these with some sea salt and little pepper will hit the spot.
- P90X Protein Bars – These come in Chocolate Fudge or new and improved Café Mocha, creamy Wildberry Yogurt, or scrumptious Chocolate Peanut Butter packed with a whopping 20 grams of protein to maximize your workout. I like them all. My favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter!
These snacks helped me in the beginning and they are still keeping me on track more than a year later!